A flight instructor rating is a great career and skills development pathway. To teach for a License category such as an RPL, PPL or CPL, you are required to hold either a Grade 1,2 or 3 training endorsement.
The training for a Grade 3 Flight Instructor rating must be thorough, professional and taught by industry experts. A flight instructor is a professional pilot and standards of training required are very high.
Aircraft Australia can provide training and testing for all categories and training endorsements available for a Flight Instructor.
The Grade 3 flight instructor course can be started anytime, individually or with a group. There are no course start dates for our courses as we understand applicants will have other commitments such as work and family.
The course breakdown is as follows;
- 30 Hours of Board Training (Aerodynamic and Lesson Content)
- 20 Hours of legislation and Principles and Methods of Instruction (PMI) Training
- Access to a highly comprehensive Learning Management System
- 30 Hours of flight time in your choice of any trainer aeroplane (C150, C172, PA28)
- Flight Test – Aeroplane hire, and test fee included
- Study material for the PIRC CASA Examination
For a Grade 3 FIR, the Course Cost is $19,290 including GST. For an individual candidate completing the course, approximately 3 weeks should be allocated. For groups (max 4), the allocated time required would be approximately 8 weeks.
- Commercial pilot licence or air transport pilot licence with the aeroplane category rating
- Spinning flight activity endorsement
A Grade 3 FIR has great employment opportunities, however you are restricted in some types of aeroplanes which have common design features such as MPPC or Retractable Undercarriage.
If you enrol in the FIR-G3 course, Aircraft Australia has the ability to combine both the GR3 Training Endorsement with a Design Feature Training endorsement.
The training will be done In a CSU equipped aeroplane and the test will be conducted in the same aeroplane. It is one test, however we will substitute 5 hours from the basic trainer aircraft into the higher performance aircraft.
The cost for a FIR-G3 with Design Feature Training Endorsement is $19,990 including GST. No changes to course timeframes and structure if you elect to do the DF Training Endorsement on your course.