Our Formation Flying course is designed to teach licensed pilots the techniques, skills and knowledge required to conduct safe, proficient formation flight. The course begins with a tutorial on the fundamentals of formation flight, including the all-important pre-flight briefing, the roles of the leader and wingman and techniques for staying safely “on the wing.”
The flying component includes:
- Station keeping and station changes;
- Manoeuvring as a formation;
- Break-away and re-join procedures; and
- Formation take-offs and landings.
- The AAA Formation Flying Course is great for pilots wanting to up-skill their RPL or PPL and will refine both your “stick and rudder” skills and airborne situational awareness to a degree unparalleled in single-aircraft flight.
Completion of the course provides a CASR Part 61 Formation Flying endorsement.